Kashmir Tour Packages from Kolkata
Kashmir, often referred to as the “Paradise on Earth”, is a destination that beckons travellers from all corners of the globe. Its breath taking landscapes, Majestic lakes, Snowy Mountains, and Rich Cultural Heritage make it a must-visit destination. If you’re planning a trip to this heavenly place in 2024, look no further. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll explore the best places to visit, activities to enjoy, and everything you need to know about Kashmir Tour Packages from Kolkata .
Popular Train Routes from Kolkata to Kashmir
Are you wondering how to get to Kashmir from Kolkata? Here are some popular train routes to help you plan your journey:
|Train Route||Departure Time||Arrival Time||Travel Time|
|Humsafar Express (Train No. 22317)||Sealdah (SDAH) at 13:10||Jammu Tawi (JAT) at 23:30||34 hours and 20 minutes|
|Himgiri Express (Train No. 123318)||Howrah (HWH) at 23:55||Jammu Tawi (JAT) at 12:30||36 hours and 40 minutes|
|Jammu Tawi Express (Train No. 13151)||Kolkata (KOAA) at 11:45||Jammu Tawi (JAT) at 09:55||46 hours and 10 minutes|
Traveling by train to Kashmir can be an exciting and lovely experience, allowing you to witness the changing landscapes of India from the comfort of your seat.
Different Distances to Note for Kashmir Tour
Before embarking on your journey to Kashmir from Kolkata, it’s essential to be aware of the distances involved:
|Route||Distance||Approximate Travel Time|
|Kolkata to Srinagar||2,343.4 km||Approximately 46 hours|
|Delhi to Srinagar||812.5 km||Approximately 18 hours|
|Mumbai to Srinagar||2,169.8 km||Approximately 42 hours|
|Chennai to Srinagar||3,017.4 km||Approximately 54 hours|
|Bangalore to Srinagar||2,985.2 km||Approximately 53 hours|
|Jammu to Srinagar||266.5 km||Approximately 8 hours|
|Srinagar to Gulmarg||49.5 km||Approximately 1.5 hours|
|Srinagar to Sonmarg||79.4 km||Approximately 2 hours|
|Srinagar to Pahalgam||89.6 km||Approximately 2 hours|
|Srinagar to Dras||141.2 km||Approximately 4 hours|
|Srinagar to Kargil||202.1 km||Approximately 5 hours|
|Srinagar to Leh||418.5 km||Approximately 9 hours|
These distances are crucial for planning your itinerary and understanding the travel time between various destinations in Kashmir.
Famous Lakes of Kashmir
No trip to Kashmir is complete without visiting its stunning lakes. Here are some of the famous ones you must include in your Kashmir tour package from Kolkata:
1. Dal Lake
Dal Lake, often referred to as “Srinagar’s Jewel” ,is the crown jewel of Kashmir’s capital city. It’s spread over approximately 22 square kilometres and is surrounded by the city of Srinagar. The lake is known for its Pristine waters, Colourful Shikaras, Houseboats, and a bustling Floating market.
Things to Do at Dal Lake:
- Shikara Ride: One of the most iconic experiences in Kashmir is taking a Shikara ride on Dal Lake. You can hire a Shikara (traditional wooden boat) and glide along the calm waters while savouring the breath taking views of the surrounding mountains and gardens.
- Char Chinar: A must-visit attraction within Dal Lake is Char Chinar, a beautiful island with a unique chinar tree in the centre. You can reach Char Chinar by Shikara and explore its serene environment.
2. Wular Lake
Wular Lake, located in the Bandipora district of Jammu & Kashmir, is the largest freshwater lake in India. Covering an area of approximately 190 square kilometres, Wular Lake is a sight to behold. It originates from the Jhelum River and is known for its abundant aquatic vegetation and diverse fish species.
Activities at Wular Lake:
- Bird Watching: Wular Lake is a haven for birdwatchers, with numerous migratory birds making it their temporary home during the winter months. You can spot various species of waterfowl and waders here.
- Boating: You can hire local boats to explore the lake and its surroundings, providing you with an opportunity to appreciate the natural beauty and Peacefulness of the area.
3. Nagin Lake
Nagin Lake, located just a short distance from Dal Lake, offers a quieter and more serene alternative. Encircled by majestic hills, Nagin Lake is known for its pollution-free environment and breathtaking views.
Things to Do at Nagin Lake:
- Shikara Ride: Similar to Dal Lake, you can enjoy a peaceful Shikara Ride on Nagin Lake, taking in the picturesque views of the surrounding landscapes.
- Relaxation: Nagin Lake is an excellent place to unwind and relax. Many houseboats and hotels offer a tranquil atmosphere, making it a favourite choice for honeymooners and those seeking solitude.
4. Manasbal Lake
Manasbal Lake, situated at an elevation of 1583 meters and approximately 28 kilometres from Srinagar in Ganderbal District, is another gem in Kashmir’s natural treasure trove. This lake is famous for its clear blue waters, beautiful lilies, lotus flowers, and stunning gardens with seasonal blooms.
Activities at Manasbal Lake:
- Bird Watching: Manasbal Lake is a hotspot for bird enthusiasts. During your visit, keep an eye out for migratory birds and resident avian species that thrive in the lake’s ecosystem.
- Boat Rides: You can explore the lake by taking a boat ride, which allows you to get up close to the aquatic vegetation and experience the Peace of the surroundings.
Entry Fees for Must-Visit Attractions in Kashmir
Here are the entry fees for some of the must-visit attractions in Kashmir:
|Nishant Bagh||Rs. 10 per person|
|Pari Mahal||Rs. 10 per person|
|Shankaracharya Temple||Rs. 25 per person|
|Mughal Gardens (Each)||Rs. 10 per person for each garden|
|Gulmarg Gondola (Phase 1)||Rs. 700 per person|
|Gulmarg Gondola (Phase 2)||Rs. 900 per person|
It’s important to note that entry fees may vary for foreign tourists and children. Be sure to check the latest rates before visiting these attractions.
Suggested Itinerary for a 7-Day Kashmir Tour Packages from Kolkata
Here’s a suggested 7-day itinerary from Our Kashmir Tour Packages from Kolkata to make the most of your Kashmir tour:
1st Day : Arrival in Srinagar
- Arrive at Srinagar and check-in to your chosen accommodation, whether it’s a hotel or a houseboat on Dal Lake.
- Spend the evening by taking a leisurely Shikara ride on Dal Lake to soak in the mesmerizing sunset.
2nd Day : Srinagar Sightseeing
- Begin your day by visiting the renowned Shankaracharya Temple, perched atop a hill, offering panoramic views of Srinagar.
- Explore the Mughal Gardens, including Nishat Bagh, Shalimar Bagh, and Chashme Shahi, known for their well-maintained terraced lawns and vibrant flowerbeds.
- Visit Pari Mahal, also known as the “Palace of Fairies”, an exquisite historical monument.
3rd Day : Gulmarg Excursion
- Embark on a scenic drive to Gulmarg, which takes approximately 2 hours.
- Enjoy the world-famous Gondola rides, the highest cable car in the world. The Gondola has two phases, and you can explore both, each offering breath taking views.
- Visit the historic St. Mary’s Church and spend time at the Gulmarg Biosphere Reserve, a sanctuary for wildlife and nature enthusiasts.
4th Day : Pahalgam Day Trip
- Head to Pahalgam, a Lovely town known for its lush green meadows and stunning landscapes (approximately 2.5 hours drive).
- Explore Aru Valley, Betaab Valley (named after the Bollywood movie “Betaab” shot here), and Chandanwari, the base camp for the Amarnath Yatra pilgrimage.
5th Day: Sonmarg Expedition
- Drive to Sonmarg, a “Meadow of Gold”, known for its pristine beauty (approximately 2 hours drive).
- Explore Thajiwas Glacier, a striking glacier accessible via a short trek or pony ride. It’s a surreal experience amid the snow-capped mountains.
- Enjoy the stunning landscapes and serenity of this lesser-known gem in Kashmir.
6th Day : Srinagar Shopping
- Dedicate a day to shopping in Srinagar. The city is renowned for its Handicrafts, Pashmina shawls, rugs, and local souvenirs.
- Visit local markets like Lal Chowk and Residency Road to find unique Kashmiri products and souvenirs to take back home.
7th Day: Departure
- Check-out from your hotel or houseboat and depart for your return journey to Kolkata, cherishing the unforgettable memories of your Kashmir tour.
Best Time to Visit Kashmir
The best time to visit Kashmir largely depends on your preferences and what you want to experience. Here are the main seasons to consider:
Spring (April to June):
- Spring is a beautiful time to visit Kashmir when the valley comes alive with vibrant flowers and blossoms.
- The weather is pleasant, making it ideal for sightseeing, nature walks, and Shikara rides on the lakes.
- This season is perfect for outdoor activities, and you can explore the gardens in full bloom.
Summer (July to September):
- Summer is also a favourable time to visit Kashmir, with warmer temperatures and longer days.
- It’s an excellent time for trekking, camping, and adventure sports in places like Gulmarg and Sonmarg.
- The famous Amarnath Yatra pilgrimage usually takes place during July and August.
Autumn (October to November):
- Autumn brings a unique charm to Kashmir with the landscape adorned in shades of red, orange, and gold as the leaves change colour.
- The weather is still pleasant, making it a good time for sightseeing.
- If you love photography, this season offers stunning photo opportunities.
Winter (December to February):
- Winter in Kashmir is magical, with snow-covered landscapes and the possibility of enjoying winter sports like skiing and snowboarding in Gulmarg.
- The temperature can drop significantly, so be prepared for cold weather.
- It’s also the time for festivals like Christmas and New Year celebrations.
The best time for your Kashmir tour depends on your interests, whether it’s experiencing the blooming gardens in spring, enjoying outdoor adventures in summer, witnessing autumn’s colours, or embracing the winter wonderland.
Embarking on a captivating journey with Kashmir Tour Packages from Kolkata is a dream come true for many travellers. Nestled in the northernmost part of India, Kashmir, often referred to as “Heaven on Earth,” beckons with its breath taking landscapes, pristine lakes, and snow-capped mountains. These enchanting Kashmir Tour Packages from Kolkata, offered by Kashmirtickets.com, provide a gateway to this mesmerizing realm, allowing travellers to explore its hidden gems and soak in the natural beauty that abounds.
Why Choose Our Kashmir Tour Packages from Kolkata?
- Experience the Tulip Festival: Have you ever dreamed of strolling amidst a sea of blooming tulips? With Kashmir Tour Packages from Kolkata, you can. Visit the Indira Gandhi Memorial Tulip Garden during April and witness thousands of tulips in various hues, creating a vibrant spectacle.
- Safety in 2023: Is Kashmir safe for travellers in 2023? Absolutely. Kashmir has seen a surge in tourism, becoming a sought-after honeymoon destination. Celebrities like Mouni Roy and Suraj Nambiar have chosen it for their romantic getaways, making it an ideal choice for you too.
- Savor Authentic Kashmiri Cuisine: Indulge your taste buds in the rich flavors of Kashmiri cuisine, including Rogan Josh, Yakhni Lamb Curry, and aromatic Kahva tea. Don’t forget to explore local markets for exquisite Pashmina shawls, carpets, walnut woodwork, and silver jewelry.
- Winter Wonderland: Kashmir in winter promises opportunities for snowboarding and skiing. The Dal Lake, often called the “Jewel in the crown of Kashmir”, is perfect for a tranquil Shikara ride.
- A Shopper’s Paradise: What to buy in Srinagar? Kashmir offers authentic Kashmiri Shawls made from world-famous Pashmina wool, along with carpets, walnuts, wood carvings, silver jewelry, and handicrafts.
Kashmir Tour Packages from Kolkata by Kashmirtickets.com open the door to a world of wonders. Every moment is a picturesque memory waiting to be captured. Whether you seek adventure, romance, or family bonding, Kashmir welcomes you with open arms. So, if you’re yearning for a unique and unforgettable vacation, set your sights on Kashmir – where serene landscapes will steal your heart, and warm hospitality will leave you with cherished memories for a lifetime. Don’t miss the chance to make your dream Kashmir tour a reality with Kashmirtickets.com!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) for Kashmir Tour Package from Kolkata
Are you planning a journey to Kashmir from Kolkata? Here are some frequently asked questions and informative answers to help you prepare for your unforgettable trip:
Q1. Can I see and enjoy snow during my Kashmir trip?
Yes, there is a 100% chance of seeing, touching, and playing with snow during your Kashmir trip, provided you choose to visit during December, January, or February. During this period, the entire Kashmir region, including valleys, mountains, lakes, and roads, is covered in a thick blanket of white snow. It’s the perfect time for snowboarding and skiing adventures.
Q2. Is Kashmir safe to travel to in 2024?
Yes, Kashmir is absolutely safe to visit in 2024. In recent years, Kashmir has also become a popular honeymoon destination. Whether you’re planning a leisure trip or a romantic honeymoon, don’t hesitate to travel to Kashmir. For more detailed information, please get in touch with the Kashmir travel experts at Kashmirtickets.
Q3. Is it safe to travel to Kashmir during the COVID-19 Pandemic?
Yes, it is safe to travel to Kashmir during the COVID-19 pandemic, provided you adhere to the rules and regulations set by the authorities. Here are some precautions to take:
- Ensure that you are double-vaccinated or have received a booster dose.
- Carry a negative RTPCT COVID-19 report generated within 72 hours before traveling.
- Wear a face mask and use sanitizer regularly.
- Follow the COVID-19 guidelines of hotels and houseboats. By following these guidelines, your Kashmir package tour from Kolkata can be safe and enjoyable.
Q4. When do the Tulip Festivals in Kashmir take place?
The Tulip festivals in Kashmir take place at the Indira Gandhi Memorial Tulip Garden located in Srinagar. Every year during April, which is in the summer season, this garden offers an exquisite view of its grandeur with innumerable tulips of different colours in full bloom. It’s a sight to behold, attracting romantic couples, photography enthusiasts, and families. To witness this breathtaking beauty of Kashmir, consider booking your Kashmir trip during mid-April with Kashmirtickets.
Q5. Is Dal Lake in Srinagar clear enough to roam around?
Yes, often referred to as the “Jewel in the crown of Kashmir”, Dal Lake is one of the most scenic attractions in Kashmir. Roaming on a Shikara (traditional wooden boat) in the crystal-clear waters of Dal Lake is an absolute delight.
Q6. What’s the better option for staying in Srinagar, a hotel or a houseboat?
While there are countless hotels worldwide, staying in a fully furnished luxurious houseboat in Kashmir can be a unique and unforgettable experience. Don’t miss the opportunity to spend a night in a houseboat on Dal Lake when you visit Kashmir; it’s a must-try experience.
Q7. What authentic Kashmiri food should I try during my Kashmir tour from Kolkata?
To satisfy your taste buds, here are some must-try Kashmiri delicacies during your trip:
- Rogan Josh
- Yakhni Lamb Curry
- Lyader Tschaman
- Shab Deg
- Kashmiri Muji Gaad
- Aab Gosh
- Kashmiri Baingan
- Kashmiri Rajma
- Modur Pulao
- Nadir Monji
- Dum Olav
Q8. Are there ATM facilities in Srinagar?
Yes, Srinagar has numerous ATMs, so accessing cash should not be a concern. Many hotels also accept online digital payments and credit cards, providing you with multiple payment options.
Q9. What should I wear based on the season during my Kashmir tour?
Your attire in Kashmir depends on the season you visit:
- Summer in Kashmir (May/June/July): Light woollen clothes
- Spring in Kashmir (March/April): Woollen clothes
- Autumn in Kashmir (August/September/October): Light cotton and woollen clothes
- Winter in Kashmir (November/December/January/February): Heavy woollen clothes, jackets, gloves, and warm caps are necessary.
Q10. What is the distance between Srinagar and Gulmarg?
The distance between Srinagar and Gulmarg is approximately 48 kilometers, and this journey can be covered in about 1.5 hours by car.
Q11. Is Kashmir a good destination for a honeymoon trip?
Kashmir is one of the most romantic and beautiful destinations on Earth, often referred to as “Jannat” or Heaven. It’s a perfect choice for a honeymoon. The famous Mughal emperor Jahangir once said, “If there is Paradise on earth, it is this, it is this, it is this”. Many celebrities, even during the pandemic, chose Kashmir for their holiday destination. You can discuss your Kashmir honeymoon trip with our specialists, who can help you plan it perfectly.
Q12. What is the entry fee for the Tulip Garden in Srinagar?
The entry fee for the Tulip Garden in Srinagar is as follows:
- Adults: Rs. 50
- Kids: Rs. 25
- Foreigners: Rs. 50
Q13. What is the entry fee for Shalimar Bagh Mughal Garden in Srinagar?
The Shalimar Bagh Mughal Garden in Srinagar has a very nominal entry fee:
- Adults: Rs. 10
- Children: Rs. 5
Q14. How much does a pony ride cost in Gulmarg and Pahalgam?
The cost of a pony ride in Gulmarg typically starts at Rs. 350 per hour, with an additional Rs. 250 for each subsequent hour. In Pahalgam, the fee for a pony ride is approximately Rs. 400 per hour.
Q15. What are the best things to buy in Srinagar?
Kashmir is renowned for its authentic Kashmiri shawls made from Pashmina wool. Other items to consider purchasing during your Kashmir tour package from Kolkata include carpets, walnuts, wood carvings, silver jewellery, dry fruits, and handicrafts.
Kashmir offers an enchanting escape from the daily hustle and bustle. From the serene Dal Lake to the snow-covered peaks of Gulmarg, this region is a treasure trove of natural beauty and cultural richness. Plan your Kashmir Tour Packages from Kolkata in 2024 to immerse yourself in the breath taking landscapes, vibrant culture, and warm hospitality of this paradise on Earth. Whether you’re a nature lover, adventure enthusiast, or someone seeking peace, Kashmir has something extraordinary to offer every traveller. Prepare to embark on an unforgettable journey that will leave you with cherished memories for a lifetime.
Without Further Ado Here are Our Kashmir Tour Packages from Kolkata in 2024.
Also, Here are Our Family Packages in 2024